10.07.2010

the hills.

when you move to california from tampa, florida there are a few adjustments you have to make. first off, the actual los angeles winter. los angeles is on par with atlanta for winter as far as I am concerned. the temperature drop after the sun goes down is something I still have not quite grasped, in tampa, the weather in the day is the same at night, here when the sun goes down LA moves to the dark side of the moon.

this week I bought a bike. some of the happiest days of my life where when I was tooling around south tampa, from new suburb beautiful to davis island to ybor city. the worst hill I had to contend with was thrill hill (not yet built in that picture). biking was simply a matter of getting momentum and going as fast as you want, here in los feliz though, the hills make life incredibly frustrating and stupid.

thesis: hills are dumb.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny - Your photo of South Tampa is Harbor Island - the gated community you could not bike around...

Anonymous said...

I could get around HI, the gate doesnt stop bikes.