9.21.2010

too much postage.

Last friday I put together a mailing a many agents and casting directors here in Hollywood. A professor(no not that one) of mine once referred to this as 'taking a shower in money' which may or may not be right. I arrived at the post office with my stack of postcards which had eaten up my day with applying labels and running around town doing dumb errands. I thought I could just hand over the stack, they would put the stack through a postage machine, and would tell me the total. This is wrong. There was a big line and the lady asked me how many I had. I started to count the stack and could hear the line at the los feliz post office groan, so I just guessed. 600, and paid the appropriate amount thinking I could just return the unused stamps. This, too, is wrong. I had $84 in $0.28 stamps this morning, and now I have $83.44 in $0.44 stamps this evening, because I could only trade stamps for stamps, but not stamps for cash.

So if you or anyone you know needs $84 in postage. I will sell it for $80. Im not a very good investor, but I do have experience scalping hockey tickets, so if you need me you can find me at Vermont and Finley selling stamps to passersby until the LAPD makes me move.

1 comment:

Norborne Berkeley, 4th Baron Botetourt said...

Gates McFadden is far more attractive than Pam Iorio.