9.07.2010

the 110 south

when I graduated college I was worried not being in school would give me some disconnect from community. there was always something comfortable about belonging comfortably to a community, waziyatah, tampa prep, and usc normally being my communities. tonight as I was driving though I realized I am part of a really cool community of all the people who came out west looking for something, it spans across time to oklahomans risking life and limb to see the pacific ocean. the life and limb I risk to see my friends in manhattan beach on the 110 south is not exactly comparable, but you know what I mean. also LA has so many actors, that even though it is a fierce competition there is wonderful community among the artists. just today a playwright friend and me talked about just getting together some friends to work on a script in development. this is the kind of work I love doing, and its really invigorating.

these revelations are wonderful because I had been watching these civil war documentaries. every time I watch those documentaries I totally assume I would have died in war before age 22 at any other point in history.

No comments: